Tuesday, November 6, 2007

watching others you love going through want you did.

Well it has finally happened. another one of my kids is going through the family curse. Automobiles, they are a curse to the family. my daughter with 6 kids has a haunted S.U.V and a soldier for a husband who is far far away. and a father who used to do the wrenching on their S.U.V, who is almost far far away. so she with 6 kids(some sick ) is going through HE-- with her BMW(big mormon wagon) thank heavens for good friends who come to her aid. GO 1st CAV////// here i sit with 3 working vehicles and she's too darn far away to borrow one of them. not that i'd loan her one //////// but it's the thought that counts.

i remember when we had all 5 of our kids at home. we went through the curse for about 5+ years and 10 or so broken cars. i figured up once that between buying used junk and parts to keep the junk running that i spent close to $6500.00, so i got smart and took my bishops advice and bought a new car. now i will only have 1 junker at a time and 1 good running car to get me around in.

when my wife and i got married, the first 2 1/2 years of our marriage i owned about 15 different cars. each time i traded or bought someone else's trouble i would sink money into each junker and sell for less than what i had in it. my lovely bride wasn't impressed with my horse trading skills. i have now perfected my so called skills and i do pretty good. i have trained some of my kids in this fine art of horse trading.

some of the rides i had were nice, and if i had those same ones today i could make a fortune selling them. or at least i like to think so. my mom used to call me the family horse thief. i never stole a horse but i did make some pretty slick deals in my favor many times. well, now my kids need to hone their skills and come up with better transportation. i hope that she gets her S.U.V running so she can get to all the places a mother of 6 needs to go. you all have a great day and i'll see you in the funny papers.

1 comment:

Karcher said...

Your mocking me aren't you. Thanks alot. you know it's bad when you call your father for some advice and he snickers. Well I would just like to remind you that I will be a very big influence on what "retirement" home you go to! I baked fresh home made bread and rolls today and you can't have any! So there.