Sunday, December 7, 2008

tis the season --now what is the reason?????

well it's that time of year where retailers go all out for your money.CHRISTMAS is a big money maker for the retailers. here in Lebanon area i saw Christmas stuff going up as early as labor day. in desperate times desperate(retailers)people do desperate things. 533,000 jobs lost last quarter. no its not a recession uncle SAM tells us. but the retailers and laid off workers say a different thing.i hope that uncle Obama can do something to help us get back to normal.i am glad that i work for the federal government.they can't fire me no they can send me back to the war zone but they can't fire me.besides i make more money in the war zones of the world.

now its the Christmas season, i despise this commerical time of the year. i love Christmas cookies,church programs and ward dinners.i love shopping for my small family. just 29 of us at this point, but my youngest is having twins. show off////// i love getting together with family and friends for dinner and other festive things. leave the department store out of my house///////////////// Christ is the reason for this season//////// our savior came to earth to give us the greatest gift of all. the atonement is better than any retail gift, or catalog order. it is free. it is life altering. it saves more, and gives more than toy or store purchased gift ever could. i am grateful this time of year for my savior and his unconditional love. although i am that way 24-7 365 days a year. i am grateful for my wife ,who is the second greatest gift i have been given. she's an angel, she has to be to put up with me/////// now last but not least is my children and their families. i love sons and daughters. they are a joy to me. i love my daughter-in-laws and my son in laws. i love my grandchildren. i think i only have a couple of grandkids??????? 20 now and 2 in the oven. what a tribe. soon we'll need our own zip code when we get us all in one place. well i have rambled enough, you see whats most important to this old man ME//////// just kidding it is and always has been the gospel and my family. i hope that you all have a very merry christmas and a happy new year..... wait you can't be that happy you only have 17 shopping days left.

1 comment:

The Fillmore Floggers said...

We had stake conference this last week, Mad Joe was sick again so Trishy couldn't come but with just Lee and I we took up a whole row! We were joking about needing two or three rows if our whole clan was there. Merry Christmas Daddy. Your present is on the way=)